I've been camping on this video for some time now (well about 10 months), and I've managed to get over the goofiness Michael exudes (certainly NOT moi, merci!)... also, I've made an even worse one recently, so suddenly this one doesn't seem nearly as bad anymore. It's a good expose on the various community Zones at the OR Show, what the purpose is (never mind the beer) and it's got a few tech tips too for attendees.
In case our ramblings aren't super clear, here's a short list to prep for the show;
1) download a QR reader BEFORE you hit the show floor... many products, including ALL of the featured New Products in the EZ (Endurance Sports Zone) and the PZ (Paddlesports Zone) will use the QR technology to capture key product and contact info in your smartphone.
2) Download the ORShow mobile app, once it is released from the Apple store next week (July 11, hopefully).
3) Use the online show planner at http://www.outdoorretailer.com to see the live floorplan (including the must-see NEW EXHIBITOR PAVILION)m, plan your meetings in close clusters and avoid the cross-court hiking.
4) use the planner to incorporate the business ed. seminars you want to attend into your show planner. If you are registered, you have only to click the auto-link provided to you in a number of emails from us. Even if you didn't save them, just click 'forgot password' and follow the easy prompts to get in. See suggested products, brands, build your show plan and no spam or irrelevant messages.
5) Check the http://www.outdoorretailer.com site often as showtime approaches... many late-breaking elements will be announced in the coming weeks and the last thing you want is to get there and say "I had no idea that was going on!".